2. The number of times you’re asked if the carpet matches the drapes is unfathomable. In what world is it appropriate to walk up to someone and say, “Hey, what color are your pubes?” Can we please get it together already, guys? No one approaches brunettes and blondes all pervy-like. A little respect s’il vous plait.
3. Turning into a lobster at the beach is inevitable. SPF 70, FTW.
4. Your freckles multiply like crazy every year. As little as a couple minutes in the sun can bring out the Dalmatian in just about anyone with crimson strands.
5. People just assume you have a temper. If you’re PMSing, stressed, or having a moment, be assured that others will link that to your fiery locks.
6. And that Ariel is your favorite Disney princess. Sure, she’s cool and all. But we like Jasmine and Belle just as much!
7. People think you’re a freak in the sheets. Urban Dictionary and porn are to blame for making society believe that all redheads are fiery nymphos.
8. Wearing orange is a challenge. There’s always the risk that your hair will blend in with your outfit.
9. Your hair has become your number one defining characteristic. Instead of being referred to by name or achievements, you’re often pointed out as, “the redhead who…”
10. Finding the right eyebrow pencil can be difficult AF. There are about 50 shades of brown and blonde, but red hues are about as easy to come by as a redhead who’s tan. Cool Sephora, very cool.
11. Dry shampoo has a way of making your hair look slightly pink. That tint of white residue that comes with most dry shampoos leaves your locks looking more pastel than ruby. But look on the brightside: Your natural color is one that so many women have tried to replicate with hair dye, and that’s one struggle you’ll never have to worry about!
All gifs courtesy of giphy.com