Magnesium plays an integral role in our body, as it regulates over 300 enzymes in the human body.
7 SYMPTOMS OF MAGNESIUM DEFICIENCY AND 7 FOODS TO FIX THEM!!!
Unfortunately, many people have a deficiency of this mineral, which is normally manifested by the following symptoms:
- High Blood Pressure – Magnesium relaxes blood vessels. As such, you should increase your consumption of the mineral in order to regulate high blood pressure.
- Irregular Heartbeat – Magnesium not only relaxes the other muscles in the body, but also the heart muscles. The low level of magnesium can cause heart beats in irregular intervals or usually called arrhythmia.
- Passion for Chocolate – It is the most common symptom that most of the people experience. When the body needs a certain nutrient it sends us a signal to crave for that type of food. So, for this reason you should listen to your body and satisfy the need it signals. The need for chocolate points out the need for magnesium. By eating some dark chocolate you provide your body with nearly 25% of the daily requirement of magnesium.
- Acid Reflux – The acid reflux or a heartburn are almost instantly relieved with the consumption of some food high in magnesium or a chocolate bar.
- Muscle cramps and pain – Magnesium deficiency may lead to pain in the body and muscle cramps, as this mineral relaxes the muscles as well.
- Insomnia – Other symptoms of magnesium deficiency are problems with sleeping such as staying asleep, trouble sleeping or just falling asleep. The insufficient level of magnesium can provoke a type of insomnia.
- Constipation – The relaxing effects of magnesium also help digestion. As such, its deficiency may lead to constipation as a result of the blocked waste removal.
You can raise the magnesium levels in the body by consuming the following 7 foods:
- Cocoa – Cocoa is a rich source of antioxidants which fight against numerous diseases and many cancer types. It is abundant in magnesium, potassium, calcium, copper, phosphorus, and zinc.
- Pumpkin Seeds – Pumpkin seeds are high in zinc and magnesium and have potent anti-viral, anti-microbial, and anti-fungal properties.
- Spinach – Spinach has a high content of magnesium, calcium, potassium, and zinc, plus vitamin A, C, K, folates, as well as numerous other nutrients. It is effective in preventing heart disease.
- Halibut – It is packed with magnesium and high-quality protein and lowers the risk of stroke.
- Rice Bran – It is high in magnesium, dietary fiber, and sodium. The magnesium of this type supports the function of the brain, improves heart health, and the function of the kidneys.
- Cashews – Cashews are high in antioxidants, which prevent stress and oxidative damage, magnesium, as well as copper, which helps the production of melanin.
- Brazil Nuts – These nuts are loaded with magnesium, monounsaturated fatty acid, as well as vitamins B, E, and S. Consuming a handful of Brazil nuts 3 times a week will significantly raise the levels of magnesium in your body.
Daily Health Support