2. Brushing is not an option. Holy knots. Just try working a brush through dry curly hair. Yeah, we thought so.
3. People sometimes assume you’re “messy.” Just because your hair’s texture is a little, er, wild, doesn’t mean you’re not perfectly professional and put-together. But you better believe you’re blow-drying your strands straight if you’ve got a job interview or a date lined up. Which leads us to…
4. You’ll do anything to protect a blowout. Under no circumstances will you step outside when it rains.
5. Washing your hair is a PROCESS. You’ve got your curl-enhancing shampoo, deep-conditioning mask (because curls are dry, people), and a cocktail of styling products (which need to be applied in the correct order) to ensure you don’t frizz up post-shower.
6. Which is why you only do it once a week. How would you live without dry shampoo?!
7. Sleeping on wet hair is one of the biggest mistakes you can make. When this unfortunate situation happens, you wake up with bends in all the wrong places—which is why using a diffuser nozzle on your blow-dryer is a must.
8. Humidity is your nemesis. Summer is the worst time of year for curly hair, as the hot and steamy weather causes major frizz. On the bright side, you’ve perfected your top knot.
9. People with straight hair are constantly telling you they’re jealous of your curls. And OK, annoying as your locks can be sometimes, there is something to be said for a perfect curly hair day. ~Insert hair flip emoji here.~
Gifs courtesy of giphy.com