MilosJokic, Getty Images
There are days when it feels good logging mile after mile on the treadmill or completing a grueling strength session at the gym. Those are the days when you’re wearing your sweat goggles and working out feels like bliss—you crave the burn and you have time to spare.
Then there are days when there isn’t enough time to find your sneakers. That’s why it’s important to keep a few double-duty moves handy. These three exercises work your arms and abs, and you can do them at home without any equipment. When time is tight do a few reps and call it day. Now doesn’t that feel better?
1. Forearm Plank Rocks
- Start in a forearm plank with your elbows stacked underneath your shoulders.
- Rock your entire body forward, so your shoulders go past your elbows toward your hands.
- Rock back to the starting position.
2. Lateral Plank Walks
- Start in high plank with shoulders above your wrists and abs tight.
- Step right foot and right hand to right side immediately following with left foot and left hand. Take a few “steps” in one direction, then walk in the opposite direction.
3. Mountain Climbers
- Start in high plank and draw your right knee under your torso, keeping the toes off the ground.
- Return your right foot to starting position.
- Switch legs and bring your left knee under your chest. Keep switching legs as if you’re running in place.
SELF » Fitness