TOP 5 ALKALINE FOODS TO EAT EVERYDAY FOR VIBRANT HEALTH!!!
The typical American diet consists largely of toxic and acid-forming foods like refined grains, processed sugars, artificial sweeteners, pasteurized juices, fried foods, meat and dairy -the list goes on. Combine all of this food with a lack of sleep, stress and pharmaceutical drugs to top it all off and its no wonder that people are being diagnosed with various diseases at an alarming rate.
Balancing your body’s pH levels is one of the most critical aspects of maintaining good health. Most people don’t realize how far off their natural pH levels can actually be. Balance can be either achieved or prevented as a direct result from the food that we are eating. When we eat too many acidic foods it can lead to major health complications, such as “acidosis” this is a common diagnosis in people with diabetes.
Eating too many alkalizing foods can lead to its own fair share of complications over time, but the risk of this is seemingly less likely, given the current sorry state of today’s highly addictive consumerist diet.
Here are the top 5 alkaline foods to incorporate into your diet daily:
- Leafy Greens – Kale, Swiss chard, turnip greens, and spinach are the healthiest choice, and take into consideration that spinach is the best option. It is especially rich in vitamin K and folate, and it is also a great source of vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals, antioxidants and fiber. This makes it great for digestion and vision.
- Apples – Apples have a pH level of 8.0 and contain a variety of minerals, vitamins and phytochemicals, which help to keep the body and immune system working optimally. Apples also contain enzymes, which assist in maintaining the body’s natural hormonal balance.
- Cayenne Pepper – The enzymes that are found in spicy peppers, and their antibiotic properties, are just bonuses to the very high alkaline properties of tropical peppers.
- Garlic – A true miracle food, garlic appears at the top of innumerable lists of foods that encourage overall health, and alkaline-forming food is no exception. Among its other benefits are its ability to promote cardiovascular and immune health by lowering blood pressure, cleansing the liver and fighting off disease.
- Lemons – Most people assume that lemons are an acidic fruit, maybe it is because of the sour taste, or the citric acid, but in actuality lemons are very alkaline. Lemons have a pH level of 9.0, they actually produce an alkaline ash after digestion. Lemons are also rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and electrolytes. They couldn’t be easier to add to your daily intake, try squeezing a lemon into your water throughout the day or spritzing the juice over your salad at lunch.
Daily Health Support