You are going to love this workout – you can do it without the need of standing up. This total-body workout is best for those days we feel a little bit lazy. For that purpose, we have created very effective series of exercises that can be completed even in pajamas in the comfort of our home.
This exercise is considered to be one of the most effective ab exercises because it really obliques the muscle. All you need to do is:
- Lie flat down on the ground and have your lower back pressed to the Then, put your hands behind your head and interlace your fingers. Next, bring your knees toward your chest and start lifting your shoulders off the ground.
- While turning your upper body to the left, straighten your right leg out to an angle of approximately 45 degrees to the ground. By so doing, bring your right elbow toward your left knee. Make sure you move your elbows, not just your rib cage.
- At this moment, switch sides and repeat the same movement on the other side in order to complete one rep and at the same time, to complete the “pedaling” motion. Do either 10 or 20 reps.
Plank With Donkey Kick
This motion requires extra strength since it definitely challenges your core alongside with toning your hamstrings and booty:
- Start with plank position having your elbows placed directly under shoulders. Don’t allow your pelvis to pop up or to sag down.
- Lift your right leg off the floor and bend your knee as your foot faces the ceiling. Maintain your pelvis square to the floor. Don’t allow your pelvis to
- Press your right heel as high as you towards the ceiling. Do this without making any movements in your lower back or pelvis. This movement would be rather concentrated on your hamstrings and booty. Then, lower the bent leg.
- Make a total from 8 to 10 repetitions. At the end, switch sides.
Single-Leg Bridge Lift
This exercise will help you to strengthen, tone, and lift your legs. It’s a challenging movement and can make you feel burn in your hamstrings and glutes and hamstrings:
- Lie flat on the back and put both of your hands on the ground in order to achieve stability while you bend one leg and at the same time, you lift the other one off the floor.
- Press your heel into the ground and then lift your pelvis up. Keep your body in a stiff bridge position.
- Lower your body to the ground very slowly and repeat. Switch legs, lift, and lower from 10 to 15 times.
Pilates Side-Lying Leg Lifts
This exercise might look quite simple to you, but the leg lifts target directly the thighs and hips, and at the same time they strengthen your back:
- Lie down on one side. Then, lengthen the bottom leg and cross the top leg over it. Rest your head on your arm or prop it up.
- As you breathe out, lift your bottom leg up and breathe in as you lower it back down. While doing this motion, your torso should stay still.
- Do many reps for 30 seconds on one side, and then repeat it for an additional 30 seconds on the other side.
This simple leg and arm exercise targets your backside and your back. It’s very similar to swimming in the pool:
- Lie down on your belly and expand your legs and arms straight out in front of you.
- Lift your legs and arms off the ground as you breathe in. Then, alternate your arms and legs slowly in a fluttering movement, keeping up with the movement for up to 30 seconds.
- Rest a little bit and then repeat for 4 times.
This ab workout will target your core effectively and quickly. You need to make sure maintain a flat back and control the motion with your abs:
- Lie flat down on your back having your arms placed at your sides, with palms pressing on the ground. In case you feel the need to protect your lower back, you can put both of your hands under your pelvis.
- Bring your legs straight up toward the ceiling and press your lower back into the floor.
- Keeping lower back on the floor and abs pulled in, lower your left leg slowly until it’s a few inches above the ground. Then scissor your legs by lifting your right leg up. This makes one completion of a rep.
- Make from 15 to 20 repetitions.
Natural Healthy World